Our client is a small and growing commercial estate agency based in Canary Wharf, E14. We are looking for an efficient and highly well organised individual to join our vibrant and growing property team.
The candidate must have in property management and administration within an estate agency. The role will involve property management aspects such as managing a portfolio of approximately 50 properties, ensuring rents are paid on time, liaising with contractors regarding maintenance issues, liaise with tenants, preparing letting agreements and carrying out online references. Additionally, the candidate will handle the progression of sales pipeline deals by liaising with buyer and seller solicitors, liaising with buyer and seller, chasing documentation and updating the status of deals on our internal estate agency software. The candidate will be required to ensure that sales deals exchange within a target period of 6 weeks of being agreed. The candidate will also carry out other property related issues such as writing property descriptions.
You will report directly to the MD whilst also liaising intensely with the sales team. Tasks will include the following:
– Chasing tenants for outstanding rents
– Liaising with contractors regarding property repairs and maintenance
– Performing pay runs for landlords
– Reconciling the bank account
– Updating our internal system
– Remain (on call) to take calls re property emergencies
– Liaising daily with buyer, seller, buyer solicitor, seller solicitor by email and phone for updates on all deals.
– Chasing outstanding documentation from respective parties
– Ensuring deals exchange within 6 week deadline.
– Writing property adverts and descriptions
– Update property statuses on our internal system
– Ordering property boards
Previous property management experience is necessary. You must also be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a large workload whilst maintaining organisation. The ability to be organised whilst working under pressure is key. You must be an excellent communicator both orally and in written form and have an excellent telephone manner. You must also be charming and persuasive in personality. You must be good with numbers as you will be number crunching every day. You must be confident, friendly and able to show that you can use your own initiative. You will also be highly computer literate and be able to multi task.
Application target email address
Application job reference
Additional application instructions
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you are the best thing since sliced bread. Your covering letter should start “I am the best thing since sliced bread because…”.
Type of work
Construction and Property Management